Would you like the opportunity to make connections with the publishing/commissioning world? Is the prospect of making these connections daunting?
Are you a Creative Writing student or graduate? Or, are you just interested in pursuing a career in creative writing?
Comma Press will be holding their second Creative Writing Graduate Day at Manchester Met, in partnership with the Manchester Writing School. The event is committed to providing participants with a unique introduction to the publishing industry and its professionals.
The National Creative Writing Graduate Fair has been designed alongside The Writing School at Manchester Met to help bridge that gap, providing professional support and encouragement from some of the publishing sector’s leading minds.
One-to-one pitching sessions with agents
We’ve devised panels of literary professionals to cover topics such as:
- reaching your audience
- crowd-funding your own book
- public speaking
- and does location matter?
- including a host of other topics
Whilst the pitching sessions are going on throughout the afternoon we’ll be running a series of drop-in workshops including:
- How to Deliver your Elevator Pitch
- Blogging & Vlogging
- Spoken Word & Performance
- How to Develop your Submission Package
- The Writing Life
- and Adapting your Form
What else is on?
- An evening post event drinks- everyone welcome
- Key not speech from award winning author and creative writing graduate Kit de Waal
- Stalls from booksellers, societies and publishing organisations
- Networking spaces where you can meet fellow delegates
Friday 4th November
08.30am – 5.45pm
Booking now open! Register here
If you have any questions regarding the fair please contact Becky Harrison:email@example.com. For announcements and updates about this and other Manchester Writing School events, join our mailing list.